About Jonathan Park
We hope you enjoy your exciting journey into the world of Jonathan Park. Each adventure is based on real places and real scientific discoveries — all designed to strengthen your faith!
The adventures follow Jonathan Park, son of paleontologist, Dr. Kendall Park. While running from a storm, Jonathan and his father collide with the Brenan family as they seek shelter in a hidden cave. After discovering a massive dinosaur graveyard that shows evidence for a worldwide flood, these two families have combined forces to build a new museum, open the fossil discovery, and the hidden cave to spread the message of the Creator! Celebrate the many victories of Jonathan Park as the Creation Response Team discovers and proclaims the truth of Creation to millions around the world.
Each episode reminds us that…
This is our Father’s world, God created it; we can explore it, so listen, learn and live the adventure!
Our mission is to Engage a worldwide community of families with the Gospel and truth of Creation, Equip them with fun discovery and training tools, and provide adventurous Experiences that strengthen and deepen their faith.
We invite you to join the Jonathan Park community!
The Short Story
In the spring of 2014, with the help of 567 families from around the world, a “Save Jonathan Park” campaign was launched by Pat Roy, the creator of Jonathan Park and two long-term friends and colleagues that were instrumental in the success of Jonathan Park over the past 14 years.
On March 11, 2014, CreationWorks officially became the new home for the Jonathan Park Audio Adventure series. Thanks to God and to those who prayed for and contributed to this important work, the truth of creation and the incredible science that aligns with Scripture now continues to be told through the exciting adventures of Jonathan Park and the Creation Response Team.
Mark Rasche, Chief Executive Officer
Mark oversaw the Jonathan Park project when it first began at the Institute for Creation Research. Mark is a gifted leader and administrator and has played a key role in starting and leading several successful Christian organizations. Mark aspires to glorify God with his leadership and administrative gifts in every endeavor. He and his wife, Kit, have been married for 31 years and have two adult daughters.
Pat Roy, Chief Creative Officer
Pat, and his wife Sandy, are the creators, writers and producers of the Jonathan Park Audio Adventures and the upcoming Novarupta audio and video projects. Pat served as the Director of Broadcast at the Institute for Creation Research for 12 years and has led the Jonathan Park team for the past 13 years. Pat and Sandy have one adult son and homeschool their two daughters.
Clynt Taylor, Chief Strategy Officer
Clynt is the father of three actors who played Jonathan Park. He and his wife, Karen, have homeschooled their four children. Clynt is a successful businessman and marketing executive who has been instrumental in leading and growing numerous organizations and businesses. He is passionate about using his God-given creativity and marketing experience to reach people with the biblical truth.
Chase Carter, Director of Marketing
Chase is the newest addition to the Creation Works team. Chase is a successful entrepreneur with 10 years of experience growing multiple businesses. He and his wife, Lauren, are both excited about the future of Jonathan Park and passionate about spreading the truth of Creation around the world.
What We Believe
1. God – in three persons – is the Creator of all things.
2. God created the entire universe “ex-nihilo” (out of nothing) in 6 literal days.
3. That the plain reading of Genesis constitutes a historically and factually accurate account of creation.
4. We oppose evolutionary theory which portrays man as a product of meaningless random chance accidents. Humans were made in God’s image, which separates us from the animals.
5. Man’s rebellion against God has resulted in a sin-cursed world which leads to death, pain, and suffering – and eternal separation from the Creator.
6. Jesus Christ died on the cross to restore mankind back to fellowship with the Father. Only Christ’s work on the cross can redeem man from the curse of sin pronounced by God. According to Romans, the penalty for sin is death. Whoever accepts Christ’s gift of redemption will receive salvation from eternal spiritual death (hell).
7. The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, Word of God.
8. The Bible is accurate in all its historical and scientific references.
1. The eternal God created the entire universe out of nothing.
2. God created the original “kinds” of animals separate and fully formed. While there is great scientific evidence of variation and adaptation, there is no scientific evidence of evolution from one kind of animal into another.
3. Humans were created fully formed, with a fully developed intelligence and spiritual capacity. They did not evolve from “lower” ancestors”.
4. Scientific evidence (geological and physical processes) shows the earth to be much younger than the long ages required by the theory of evolution.
5. God created an orderly universe which follows the known laws of science. The Creator has (as evidenced through history) the ability to temporarily suspend the laws of nature to perform miracles consistent with His nature.
6. The curse of man’s rebellion can be seen in science as evidenced by the deleterious (negative) effects of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.
7. Noah’s Flood was global in nature – covering every mountain up to 15 cubits. This cataclysmic flood has left evidence around the globe in geologic formations, fossil record, and other physical indicators.
8. God’s Word and nature have the same author. Ultimately nature and the Bible are in complete harmony. Any apparent conflicts between the two are the result of man’s finite understanding. True scientific inquiry will filter man’s observations through the Bible. We do not use man’s fallible theories to interpret the infallible Word of God.